Mission & Vision
The New England Concrete Manufacturers Association is a professional association of dynamic vision, united and committed to the growth and success of our industry through promotion, education and innovation. Our goal is to promote concrete masonry and hardscape products as the preferred building and landscaping systems.
Goals & Objectives
- United & Committed: Increase membership in the association through promotion and a broad suite of benefits to all members.
- Education: Develop and deliver training vehicles for developers, designers, masons, installers, plant personnel. Provide business and sales skills training for members. Foster educational programs through public and private venues. Create and support existing vocational technical masonry programs.
- Promotion: Promote increased use of masonry and hardscape products through marketing and educational programs. Promote the masonry and hardscape industries through recognition programs. Promote the Association.
- Innovation: Help to foster new product and market development. Track and support new process development. Develop innovative new services, both for the industry and the Association.
- Market Research & Statistics: Track market activity and research production statistics.
- Full Producer: Concrete products manufacturers manufacturing and/or selling in the New England states.
- Associate: Open to any person or entity supplying products or services to the concrete masonry and / or industries or with an interest in their welfare.
- Dealer: Open to any organizations that purchase and re-sell products manufactured by concrete products manufacturers including, but not limited to, CMUs, SRWs, and pavers.
- Professional: Open to any individual with an interest in the concrete masonry and hardscape industries.
- Hardscape Installer: Open to any individual involved in the installation of hardscape products.
The association holds a number of member meetings each year along with an annual golf tournament. On occasion, member meetings will include specific training opportunities open to members. The association publishes a newsletter known as NECMA News, which reports on information concerning both the association and the industry in general. Advertising opportunities exist within the newsletter structure in addition to occasional sponsorship opportunities throughout the year.
NECMA offers training programs for architects, engineers, design professionals, contractors and installers of masonry and hardscape products as well as our members. As an education provider registered by the American Institute of Architects, NECMA is able to offer attendees of many of our educational events AIA Learning Units or Professional Development Hours for their participation. NECMA also works collaboratively with other elements of our industry to support and foster educational programs at appropriate institutions of high learning.
Design Awards of Excellence
This program, held every other year, rewards design professionals and mason contractors for excellence in construction using concrete masonry and hardscape products. This program is a joint effort with the National Concrete Masonry Association and the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute and offers both regional and national exposure.
Vocational Technical School Support
NECMA works with the Massachusetts Trowel Trades Association, a volunteer organization of vocational / technical school masonry instructors, to support programs throughout the state and the New England region. NECMA and its members also support and participate in the yearly MTTA-Sponsored student competition. The scope of our efforts supports both existing programs and the creation of new programs.
Fire Safety Construction Advisory Council
NECMA has been a key player in this consortium which works to promote non-combustible concrete construction (NC3) by educating design professionals and building and fire officials on building materials and methods promote safety and compliance with building codes.
NECMA Sponsored Speaking Opportunities
Throughout the year we seek venues to convey our message that concrete masonry and hardscape products are the preferred building and landscaping systems. Whether educational or promotional in nature, any event that allows the association to reach an appropriate audience is sought out and may be eligible for support. NECMA is always looking for new ideas and topics for seminars and welcomes input and requests from all concerned.